Saturday, March 31, 2012

Symbiosis & The Beatles... Who knew?!

I have been down for the count today. I have a sinus infection that is making my teeth feel like they're ready to fall out and my neck is so swollen that I cannot turn my head. Oy! In an attempt to focus on something other than my own personal misery. I went on a journey through some of the songs I've written for my class. Music is one of my favorite ways to teach topics which are a little mundane and/or a tricky to remember.
I wrote this one to discuss the different simbiotic relationships in nature; mutualism, commensalism, and parasitism. I don't know what it is about 5th graders, but each year I have a group of Beatles-fans so when I wrote this one I knew I'd have a few kids hooked immediately. Forgive the singing, when we're singing it as a class it's not nearly as embarassing for me, but when I'm sitting in room listening to myself sing, hearing my voice echo off of my living room walls, its a bit overwhelming. Enjoy!

Mrs. J

 

No comments:

Post a Comment